Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 뷰어로 보기 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 뷰어로 보기 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부

초등학교 5학년 때 담임 이복주 선생님은 미술을 좋아하셨습니다. 굳이 그러시지 않아도 되었을 텐데 주말에 몇 몇 미술을 좋아하는 아이들을 조경이 아름다운 가까운 공원들로 실사를 데리고 다니셨습니다. 어느 여름 날 숲이 우거진 한 공원에서 풍경을 그리는데, 숲을 그리느라 애쓰고 있던 저를 보고 계시더니, 고동색 크레용을 직접 잡고 아무말 없이 초록색 중간중간에 나무의 기둥과 가지들을 그려 넣어 주셨습니다. 선생님의 간단한 터치에 유치원생 그림이 갑자기 성숙한 초등학교 5학년의 그림이 되었습니다. 그날 이복주 선생님이 얼마나 대단하게 느껴지고 또 고마웠던지 모릅니다. 덕분에 미술대회들에서 나는 상을 자주 받게 되었습니다. 그래서, 그 선생님을 기억할 때마다 그날 그 순간이 먼저 떠오릅니다. 

My 45th-grade homeroom teacher, Bok-Joo Lee, loved art. She took several students to beautiful parks near the school and gave them the opportunity to paint. It was not her job, but she liked it. One day took us to a park in a forest, and we were painting the landscape. I was struggling with portraying woods, and she came and saw it. Without saying anything, she took a dark brown crayon and drew breaches and stems in the middle of green leaves on the canvas. Her simple touches suddenly turned my kindergarten-level painting to fifth-grader-level or better. I can't express how highly I looked her up and how much I was thankful for her. I awarded many high awards in many art competitions since her teaching. So, whenever I remember her, I can't help thinking of the day she taught me how to express woods.          

중학교에 가니 정모 선생님이 미술을 가르치셨습니다. 이복주 선생님 덕분에 제법 그림을 그리게 되어서 미술부에 발탁되었습니다. 정모 선생님은 부잣집 도련님같은 외모에 한량같은 호인이었습니다. 덕분에 일주일에 한번밖에 없는 귀한 특별활동은 시간떼우기식이 되고 말았습니다. 그러던 어느 날 미술대회가 있다며 미술부원들 전원 그림을 한 장씩 내라고 하셨습니다. 무슨 주제였는지, 어떤 그림이었는지 전혀 기억나지 않고, 다만 장려상을 받았던 것만 기억납니다. 최우수상은 그만두고라도, 우수상도 아닌 장려상을 받는 게 부끄러웠습니다. 그리고 그 부끄러움 만큼 아무 것도 지도해 주지 않은 선생님이 원망스러웠습니다. 

In middle school, Mr. Jung was the teacher for the art club. I was selected to be a member of the club owing to the teacher, Ms. Lee. Mr. Jung looked from a wealthy family and a nice busybody. So, the precious club time, which came only once a week, became idle. One day he asked the members to make a painting and submit it for a coming competition. I don't remember anything about my work, such as the theme or the material, but I remember I won a third-rank award. I felt ashamed to win a lower-rank award. As much as the shame, I blamed the teacher Mr. Jung for his poor teaching. 

어떤 선생님은 과제만 내 주고 그 결과만 체크합니다. 이런 선생님 밑에서 정작 어려운 과정은 오롯이 학생들의 몫이 됩니다. 학생은 배워야 할 것과 도움을 받아야 할 것이 많지만 혼자서 끙끙대며 스스로 해결해야 합니다. “이럴려면 선생은 뭐하러 있나?” 하는 원망을 금할 수 없습니다. 반면 어떤 선생님은 선생님 본연의 가르치고 도와주고 인도해주는 역할을 열심히 하십니다. 이런 자상한 선생님은 배움의 과정과 그 결과 어디에나 언제나 학생들과 함께 합니다. 이런 선생님을 만나면, 학생은 마음이 든든하고 푸근해져서, 공부할 맛이 나고 학교 생활이 즐겁습니다. 

Some teachers only assign homework and check it. The students in this kind of teacher's class have to go through difficulties in learning by themselves. The student has many things to learn from the teacher, but he has to learn by himself without help from the teacher. "Why do we have a teacher if he does not teach us?" The students automatically raise the question. On the other hand, some teachers do their best to do their responsibility to teach, help, and guide the students. A kind teacher is always with the students in teaching and learning. Under a kind teacher, students feel secure and guided, and they like learning and love the school.   

하나님 아버지는 자상한 선생님이십니다. “언제까지 그림 한 장 그려서 내!” 하고 명령만 하고 과정에서는 쏙 빠지는 우상 신들과 다릅니다. 우리를 사랑하시는 하나님은, 천국에 가기 위해 의로운 삶을 살라는 목표를 제시하실 뿐만 아니라, 우리곁을 한시도 떠나지 않으시고 가르쳐 주시고, 도우시고, 붙잡아 주십니다. 그 과정을 통해서 우리는 배우고, 성장하고, 또 하나님과의 동행을 즐깁니다. 이런 자상한 하나님으로부터 구원의 삶을 배우는 사람은 인생이 살만하고 늘 행복합니다. 그래서 “하나님 감사합니다" 라는 말과 미소가 그 입술에서 저절로 나옵니다. 

God the Father is a kind teacher. He is not an idol that orders his worshippers to "turn in a painting until next week" and disappears. Our loving God not only commands us to live a righteous life for us to go to heaven but also teaches, helps, and holds us without leaving us alone. In the process, we learn, grow, and enjoy walking with Him. We are always happy because we are learning the life for salvation from the kind Teacher. So, we can't help smiling and saying, "Thank You, Father!"